It has been a quite long day and I am glad to be home. Now I need to figure out what I am going to have for dinner. When it comes to food, I need them to be healthy, practical and easy to prepare. Not only because I am a little bit tired to cook but also because I am not so much a fan of cooking to start with 😀
After about 5 minutes of not knowing what to cook, I decided to try one of Jamie Oliver’s recipes, Smoked Salmon with Clementines:
What you need:
- 600g sliced smoked salmon
- 2 bunches of watercress or rocket, any thick stalks removed
- 3 punnets of salad cress, snipped
- 10 clementines, 8 carefully peeled and thinly sliced and 2 juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
What to do:
- Lay the smoked salmon out on a large serving plate. Place the watercress and salad cress in a bowl with your thinly sliced clementines.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper, and then dress the salad with the juice of the two remaining clementines and the same amount of extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the salad and pile on top of the plated smoked salmon. Serve with the lemon wedges and a nice glass of something fizzy.
- Serve with some good wholemeal bread.
Yeah, it sounds easy and delicious. Bon apetit!