However, it is also not exactly the most practical way of charging your Kindle Paperwhite, especially if your computer is not ON 24/7 or if you do not travel with your computer. So, how do you charge your Kindle Paperwhite without your computer and without blowing it up? There are basically 2 ways of charging your Kindle Paperwhite:
1. Using the Amazon Kindle power adaptor: The following Amazon Kindle US, UK and EU power adaptors are compatible with all of your Kindle Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers. The Amazon Kindle AU power adaptor is compatible with your Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard and Kindle DX.
2. Using another power adaptor that you might already have at home. It cost you neither extra money nor extra time ordering the Kindle Power Adapter. There is, however, one important thing that you should always check before plugging your Kindle Paperwhite to another power adaptor.
At the backside of your Kindle Paperwhite you see: Input 5,25V – max 500mA. It means that your Kindle Paperwhite is capable of receiving power of 5,25 voltage and lower. It also means that you can charge your Kindle Paperwhite with any other USB compatible power adaptor with power output of 5,25V or lower.
The followings are USB compatible power adaptors with power output lower than 5.1V, which is lower than the Kindle Paperwhite can actually receive (Input 5,25 V – max 500mA):
- Apple iPad 10 Watt USB Power Charger Adapter (US). The iPad power adaptor is compatible with (some of) iPads, iPhones and iPods and has power output of 5.1V – 2.1A.
- Apple USB Power Adapter for iPhone (US). The iPhone power adaptor is compatible with (some of) iPhones, iPads and iPods and has power output of 5.0V – 1.0A.
- Nikon EH-69P Power Adapter (US). The Nikon power adaptor is compatible with (some of) Nokia Coolpix S-series cameras and has power output of 5.0V – 0.55A.
- Duracell 5 Hour Mobile Phone & MP3 Portable USB Charger (UK & Europe). This power adaptor is compatible with iPhone, Blackberry, iPod, most MP3 players and other smartphones. It has power output of 5.0V – 1.0A.
Please note that there are other power adaptors with a power output of 5.25V or lower. Just remember to check its power output value first before using it to charge your Kindle Paperwhite with.
- Don’t have a Kindle? Get your Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon US (US and International), Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
- Want to buy one from outside the US/UK? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx and click here to register to your US & UK shipping addresses with Borderlinx.
- Watch also my video about How to charge your Kindle Paperwhite using USB compatible power adaptors lower than 5.1V.