I was shamelessly bragging about my newly Kindle Paperwhite to my friends last weekend when one of them asked: “Wait a minute, do you have to buy a Kindle ereader to be able to read ebooks?” She is a modern and love-to-read type of woman who’s a firm believer of physical books, hardcover and paperback included. “Nothing beats the smell of physical books,” she added.
She was right, nothing does but she was also really intrigued when I continued bragging on about how I have saved lots of money by purschasing low-priced Kindle ebooks, newspapers and magazines, and by downloading free ebooks that’re daily available on the Kindle Store. I explained the practical aspects of ebooks, especially for travelling. Also, once you purchase Kindle ebooks, they are yours forever: your Kindle Paperwhite can unfortunately get damaged, lost or stolen but the Kindle ebooks are securely stored in the Cloud.
The answer to her question was and is, of course, NO. You don’t have to purchase a Kindle Paperwhite or any type Kindle to be able to read Kindle ebooks. You can read them using Free Reading Apps called the Kindle app on your gadgets that you’ve probably already had, such as smartphone, computer or tablet.
These are some devices that you can download the Free Reading Apps onto, Kindle Fire Family and Kindle eReader Family so you can be able to read Kindle ebooks and save lots of money while reading them:
1. Free Reading Apps: The Free Reading Apps is available for browser, smartphone, computer and tablet. Once you purchase a Kindle ebook, you can read it on any other devices that you’ve the Kindle app installed:
1. a. Kindle Cloud Reader for reading Kindle ebooks on your browser.
1.b. Smartphone: Kindle for iPhone, Kindle for Android, Kindle for Window Phone 7 and Kindle for Blackberry
1.c. Computer: Kindle for Mac, Kindle for Window 8 and Kindle for Window 7, XP & Vista
1.d. Tablet: Kindle for iPad, Kindle for Android Tablet and Kindle for Window 8 Tablet
2. Kindle Fire Family: The large screen on Kindle Fire devices makes it perfect for reading magazines. You can enjoy over 400 (and counting) magazines in HD display with beautifully detailed illustrations and glossy full-color layouts.
Cyber Monday Savings Today only, Kindle Fire is available for only $129 ($30 off). You can enter promo code FIREDEAL at checkout. The Kindle Fire Familiy includes: Kindle Fire 7″ (promo code FIREDEAL), Kindle Fire HD 7″, Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ or Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ for the most enjoyable magazine’s reading experience and much more.
3. Kindle eReader Family: The most eye-friendly device for heavy Kindle ebook readers because unlike a backlit tablet display, Kindle Paperwhite guides light towards the surface of the e-ink display from above so that the light never shines directly towards your eyes. The Kindle Paperwhite’s built-in light illuminates the screen more evenly than a book light or lighted cover, which allows you to read comfortably without eye strain.
The Kindle eReader Family includes: Kindle, 6″ E Ink Display, Kindle Paperwhite, 6″ High Resolution Display with Next-Gen Built-in Light, Kindle Paperwhite 3G, 6″ High Resolution Display with Next-Gen Built-in Light and Kindle DX, Free 3G, 9.7″ E Ink Display especially made for the heavy Kindle ebook readers out there.
Of course, you can automatically save and synchronize your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes and highlights across all your devices using Amazon’s Whispersync technology. This technology allows you to start reading a Kindle ebook on one device and pick up where you left off on another device.
Start reading Kindle ebooks that are available on the Kindle Store, start saving lots of money and start enjoying the smell of tea or other hot beverages while reading them.
- Don’t have a Kindle? Get your Kindle Paperwhite here (US & International) and click here for Kindle Paperwhite (Amazon UK).
- Want to buy one from outside the US/UK? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx and click here to sign up for your US & UK shipping addresses.