Yes, I am still following a vegan diet and discovering quite a lot of new natural and green products to try. A few days ago, I tried a new self-invented recipe, tofu with some union, celery and red peppers.
Unfortunately, I have to admit that it wasn’t my best self-invented tofu dish I have ever cooked. Having said that, I have obviously no intention of embarrassing myself with it so, let’s go ahead and talk about something else instead.
Let’s talk about some very fresh homemade soy milk. According to FitDay, there are six most important health benefits of soy milk.
1. Improve Lipid Profile: The most important attribute of soy milk is its ability to improve your blood lipid profile. Unlike dairy milk, which is high in saturated fat and cholesterol, soy milk fat is mostly unsaturated with zero cholesterol.
2. Strengthen Blood Vessel Integrity: The omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids as well as the powerful phyto-antioxidants in soy can effectively protect your blood vessels from lesions and hemorrhage.
3. Promote Weight Loss: Soy milk is naturally lower in sugar content than regular milk. Cow’s milk has about 12 grams of sugar per cup as opposed to only 7 grams in soy milk.
4. Prevent Prostate Cancer: Soy milk is a rich source of phytoestrogen, a unique plant hormone that can inhibit the production of testosterone in men.
5. Prevent Postmenopausal Syndromes: During menopause, a woman’s natural production of estrogen drops to a minimum. The sudden reduction of estrogen creates a number of health problems for postmenopausal women.
6. Prevent Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is another age and hormone related disease. The phytoestrogen in soy can help accelerate calcium absorption by your body and prevent the loss of bone mass.
What come next are: what you need and what you need to do to make some fresh homemade soy milk.
What you need:
- Some dried soybeans
- A pinch of salt
- A medium-sized milk can
- A soy milk maker aka soy milk machine: Soyabella Soymilk Maker
What you need to do:
- Use the measuring cup (it comes with the Soyabella Soymilk Maker) and take a full cup of the soybeans
- Rinse the soybeans and soak them overnight
- Add some water to the stainless steel chamber of the Soyabella Soymilk Maker
- Drain the soybeans and load them into the milk screen
- Connect the head unit to the stainless steel chamber
- Press the “Milk” button on the program pad (the red light will turn solid)
- The process will take about 15 minutes (the red light will turn green and you’ll hear the machine beeping)
- Add a pinch of salt into the milk can
- Pour the soy milk into the milk can and enjoy
- Don’t you have a soy milk maker yet? Click here to order the Soyabella Soymilk Maker from Amazon US.
- Do you live outside the US and want to order Soyabella Soymilk Maker? Read how to How to buy US only products from Amazon using Borderlinx.