Hear, hear. I am still very into smoothies. Last week I conducted some yummy smoothie experiments with both vegetables and fruits, Mango included. For those who are vegan, those who are intolerant (or allergy) to cow’s milk or those who are curious how it tastes like, this super yummy fresh Mango Lassi with soy yogurt is for you.
Of course, you can use some Mango Puree or Mango Pulp for this Mango Lassi but using a fresh mango makes this lassi taste so much better. This super yummy fresh Mango Lassi with soy yogurt recipe serves 4 persons. Let’s go ahead and get started with this recipe.
What you need:
- 1 large mango (pilled and sliced)
- 1/2 liter of soy yogurt
- 2 sugar cubes
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 liter of ice-cold water
- A powerful blender with smoothie feature such as Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2 Speed.
- A water jug such as Takeya Airtight Jug with Silicone Handle.
- 4 long glasses such as Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass.
- Small bowls such as Bormioli Rocco Quattro Stagioni Dipping Bowls.
What you need to do:
- Put the water in the fridge (not in the freezer) until it becomes ice-cold.
- Pill the large mango and slice it about 1 x 1 x 1 cm.
- Make sure that your blender is clean and is ready to use.
- Put the yogurt, the ice-cold water, the ice cubes, the sugars, the sliced mango’s into the blender.
- Put the lid of the blender properly and turn the smoothie feature ON about 30 – 45 seconds.
- Pour the lassi into your long glasses and enjoy.
Instead of using 2 sugar cubes, 2 tablespoon would also do just fine. I like the Mango Lassi a little bit chewable (see image above) but you can turn the blender ON longer than 30 – 45 seconds until the Mango Lassi becomes very smooth.