I, for one, cannot think of the worst pain but toothache. It is the kind of pain that can ruin your day and night in one single strike. Fortunately, there is clove oil that’s considered as one of the most popular natural home toothache remedies due to its antiseptic and anesthetic power.
There are, however, three things that you really should take into consideration before using clove oil:
- Use clove oil only as a temporarily pain relief and not a permanent solution
- A pure clove oil is very potent and it may burn your skin or cause you to vomit if you use it at full strength
- Do a skin test to find out if you are allergic to cloves
The following is how to dilute clove oil with some olive oil and use it to temporarily relieve a toothache.
What you need:
- Clove oil (Clove Bud Essential Oil on Amazon)
- Olive oil (Kirkland Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil on Amazon)
- Cotton buds
- Small jar
What you need to do:
- Pour one-third (1/3) of the clove oil and two-third (2/3) of the olive oil into the small jar.
- Put the lid of the small jar back on, shake it until it dilutes properly and the diluted clove oil is ready to use.
- Brush your teeth as usual and drink some water (the clove oil can cause dryness or thirst). So, you’ll better drink some water first before you get thirsty and get the urge to swallow the diluted clove oil.
- Moist a cotton bud with the diluted clove oil, apply it gently on/around your toothache and apply some more if necessary.
- Be patient and wait a few minutes until the clove oil works its magic.
- Make an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible.
- Click here to order Clove Bud Essential Oil. 10 ml. 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade on Amazon.com
- Click hier to order Kirkland Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil on Amazon.com