There are tons of benefits why avocado is considered as a superfood. Avocado is widely known for its monounsaturated fat that will reduce your LDL cholesterol, to start with.
Avocado contains both insoluble and soluble fiber, which helps reduce your chance of getting colorectal cancer and is great for your appetite control, respectively. You can also find vitamin B, E and K in avocado, which are very healthy for your body. The list of its benefits goes on and on …
Besides, there are so many ways to include avocado in your daily diet, from salads to dessert and of course, smoothies. Avocado is already very tasty and yummy by itself so today I’ld like to share the basic but the yummiest avocado smoothie’s recipe with palm sugar and soy milk.
What you need:
- 1 medium-sized avocado (pilled and sliced).
- 1 small-sized palm sugar also known as gula jawa.
- 1 to 1,5 glasses of soy milk.
- A powerful blender with smoothie feature such as Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2 Speed.
- A long glass such as Schott Zwiesel Tritan Crystal Glass.
What you need to do:
- Pill the avocado and slice it about 1 x 1 x 1 cm
- Crush the palm sugar
- Make sure that your blender is clean and is ready to use
- Put the avocado, palm sugar and soy milk into the blender
- Put the lid of the blender properly and turn the smoothie feature ON about 30 – 45 seconds
- Pour the smoothie into your long glass and enjoy
You can also add a small slice of ginger root into the blender to get a more powerful taste to the smoothie. In addition, you can also add some ice cubes into it to make the smoothie less “thick”. Read my blog post about Must-know health benefits and how to make fresh homemade soy milk.