Yay, it is official! Amazon introduced its 6th Generation of Kindle, the All-New Kindle Paperwhite, yesterday. The newly introduced Kindle Paperwhite is already available for pre-order for $119 and will start shipping on September 30, 2013.
Although there is no apparent change in its appearance, the All-New Kindle Paperwhite has now a better technology with all-new reading features like Kindle Page Flip, Goodreads, Kindle FreeTime, Smart Lookup, Vocabulary Builder and so on.
So without further ado, let’s take a close look at the world’s best-selling ereader and find out the 11 new reasons why you should buy the All-New Kindle Paperwhite:
1. New display technology with higher contrast: The All-New Kindle Paperwhite’s display is the most advanced ereader display ever constructed. Higher contrast means that whites are whiter and blacks are blacker and therefore, the pages are virtually indistinguishable from a physical book.
2. Next generation built-in light: The built-in guides light toward the surface of the display, so you can read very comfortably without eyestrain.
3. New, 25% faster processor: The faster processor allows you to open your ebooks and turn the pages faster for a seamless reading experience.
4. New touch technology: The 19% tighter touch grid makes the All-New Kindle Paperwhite respond even more accurately to the smallest touches that you make.
6. New Goodreads Integration: This integration combines the world’s largest e-reading community and the world’s largest community of book lovers. So from now on you can see what your friends are reading, share highlights and rate the books with Goodreads on Kindle (see image above).
7. New Kindle FreeTime: The built-in parental controls have been extended to give you a simple and engaging way to encourage your kids to spend more time reading. You’ll be able to hand-select ebooks for your kids to read and hand out achievement badges when they hit reading milestones. A progress report keeps you updated on total time spent reading, number of words looked up, badges earned and books finished (see image above).
8. New Vocabulary Builder: The vocabulary builder compiles words that you look up in the dictionary into an easy-to-access list. You can use these lists to quiz yourself with flashcards and to see words in context instantly (see image above).
11. New Kindle MatchBook: The Kindle MatchBook lets you purchase Kindle editions of print books purchased from Amazon, past, present and future for $2.99 or less.
The best part of all is that you can now pre-order the All-New Kindle Paperwhite for $119 from Amazon US. Are you a UK customer? Click here to pre-order the All-New Kindle Paperwhite for £109 from Amazon UK.
Do you live outside the US and the UK? Read this blog post about how to order Kindle Paperwhite (and other products) from Amazon using Borderlinx.