It has been widely known that clove oil provides soothing effect on the mind and body. Earlier I mentioned about How to dilute clove oil with olive oil and use it to temporarily relieve a toothache. The (diluted) clove oil is also very helpful for relieving headaches.
As a reminder, please do a skin test to find out if you are allergic to cloves, sea salt and/or coconut oil mentioned below before diluting and using it as a headache reliever.
Without no further ado, the following is how to dilute clove oil, sea salt and coconut oil and use it to relieve headaches:
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt (Celtic Sea Salt, Fine Ground)
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil (Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 2 – 3 drops of the clove oil (NOW Foods Clove Oil)
- A small jar
What you need to do:
- Pour the sea salt, the coconut oil and the clove oil into the small jar.
- Use the teaspoon to mix and dilute it properly, and the diluted clove oil is ready to use.
- Apply the diluted oil on your index and middle finger, and use them to massage your forehead gently.
- Apply some more of the diluted clove oil if necessary.
- Be patient and wait a few minutes until the diluted clove oil works its magic.
In stead of coconut oil, you can also use the same amount of almond oil to dilute with the clove oil and the sea salt. The diluted clove oil gives instant cooling and provides natural relief from headaches.