I am sure that some of you would agree that reading ebooks on your Kindle Paperwhite while traveling is much better and more practical than reading printed books. One thing that you should take into consideration is how to extend your Kindle Paperwhite’s battery life while you are traveling.
According to Amazon that “a single charge lasts up to eight weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 10. Battery life will vary based on light and wireless usage. “
I myself always need longer than a half hour of reading time a day, weather I am at home, commuting or traveling. The point is of course, why should you restrict yourself to that half hour of reading time when you can extend its battery life?
The following is how to extend your Kindle Paperwhite’s battery life while traveling:
- Make a list of all books that you want to read while traveling. I image that you want to put lots of travel guides on your list as well.
- Make also a list of all (copy of) important travel documentations that you want to save on your Kindle Paperwhite.
- Download the books and send the travel documentations to your Kindle Paperwhite before traveling. Read about How to send any type of file to your Kindle Paperwhite using Send to Kindle app.
- Set and keep the light setting of your Kindle Paperwhite at 10 or perhaps below 10 (see image above).
- After you have downloaded all of the ebooks and sent all of the travel documents to your Kindle Paperwhite, then set and keep the wireless OFF by turning the Airline Mode to ON (see image below).
- Charge your Kindle Paperwhite fully before traveling and pack the USB 2.0 charging cable with you for emergency.
Note: If you read books on your Kindle Paperwhite in bright daylight, you don’t need to set the light setting at all.
Note: Keep in mind that you don’t need to take a computer with you to be able to charge your Kindle Paperwhite while traveling. Read about How to charge your Kindle Paperwhite without computer and without blowing it up?.
- Don’t have a Kindle? Get your Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon US (US and International), Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
- Want to buy one from outside the US/UK? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx and click here to register to your US & UK shipping addresses with Borderlinx.