Back in April 2012 I started my FREE 30-day of Amazon’s digital magazines and read them on my iPad using the Free Kindle Reading Apps. The content quality of the magazines was excellent as it has always been. I was, however, not at all happy with the reading experience due to the fact that the magazines were neither formatted nor optimized for reading on the iPad.
To me, they were no more than some glorified, glossy-colored PDF documents with scrolling and zooming capabilities. Nevertheless, I was not prepared to pay more for magazines on Apple Newsstand with an interactive reading experience. I was simply looking for magazines with Apple Newsstand’s interactive reading experience and Amazon’s prices.
Since January 2014 I have been quite content with the BBC History Magazine because it is formatted and optimized for reading on Kindle e-Readers, Kindle Fire Tablets and Free Kindle Reading Apps. Still, I yearned for magazines with an interactive reading experience so I could not only read but also watch video and listen to audio while reading them.
Amazon has now its own Interactive Kindle Magazines with a highly interactive reading experience that I have been looking and yearning for since 2012. I have been reading and testing some of those interactive Kindle magazines on my Kindle Fire 2nd Generation for almost 2 weeks. And I have been very happy with their content quality, their prices and – of course – their interactivity.
I certainly recommend those Interactive Kindle Magazines. However, the followings are the most important and practical things to know about the Amazon’s Interactive Kindle Magazines before you subscribe:
Available on these Kindle Fire Tablets:
- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″
- Kindle Fire HDX 7″
- Fire Phone, 32GB
- Kindle Fire HD 7″ 2nd Generation
- Kindle Fire HD (1st Generation)
- Kindle Fire (2nd and 1st Generation)
The main benefits:
- First 30 days always FREE: you can cancel at any time during your free period and you will not be charged.
- No waiting: you can start reading in 30 seconds or less while it is still downloading.
- Experience interactivity: you can read story resources, view story caption, watch video and listen to audio while you are reading.
- Access any time: all of your back issues are always available on the cloud.
- Change your device delivery destination, cancel your subscription and turn off auto-renewal at any time.
- Fully downloaded onto your Kindle Fire tablet so you can read them interactively even when you’re not wirelessly connected.
There are currently 62 Interactive Kindle Magazines available on the Amazon’s Newsstand (as of November 27, 2014) that you can subscribe to. I have been exceptionally impressed by and would recommend Better Homes and Gardens, REAL SIMPLE Magazine, INSTYLE Magazine and The New Yorker to you to start your own FREE 30 day today.
- Don’t have a Kindle Fire? Get your Kindle Fire HD 7″ 2nd Generation or Kindle Fire HDX 7″.
- Want to buy one from outside the US? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx and click here to register to your US & UK shipping addresses with Borderlinx.