If you are a Prime member, I am pretty sure that you would be very pleased with the fact that Amazon just announced Prime Reading. As of today Prime Reading joins the growing list of all-you-can-eat benefits along with unlimited fast, free Prime shipping, unlimited access to Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Photos, Audible Channels, early access to Lightning Deals and more.
With Prime Reading you can read as much as you want from over a thousand of Kindle books, magazines, comics, articles, Kindle Singles, and more absolutely for free by downloading the Kindle app for iOS and Android or using your own Kindle or Fire tablet.
However, before we go any further, let’s take a close look at this newest benefit of Amazon Prime membership:
What do you need?
Prime Reading is currently only available in the US. So, it goes without saying that you’ll need to be a US Prime member to be able to enjoy Prime Reading. Are you not a member yet? Click here to start your 30-day Prime free trial.
What does it cost?
Prime Reading is included with Prime membership so, you can enjoy unlimited reading from a rotating selection of books, magazines, comics and more at no additional cost.
What device do you need?
You can enjoy Prime Reading on your Kindle devices, and using the free Kindle Reading Apps for your iOS and Android devices, so you can read anytime. Anywhere you like.
How to read Prime Reading
For this tutorial, I am using my Kindle Fire HD 6 tablet, which is currently on sale. But of course, you don’t need a Kindle Fire tablet to enjoy Prime Reading (see “What device do you need?”).
1. On your Kindle Fire, go to “BookStore” or “Newsstand Store”, and then tap the “New! Prime Reading”.
2. Choose your favorite category of over a thousand Kindle books, magazines, comics, articles, Kindle Singles, and more.
3. If you, for instance, want to read a Kindle book, The Atlantis Gene: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 1), tap on the “Read For Free” (with Prime Reading) button, and your Kindle book will be downloaded within seconds (see image above).
4. If you would like to read travel guides by Lonely Planet and other travel guides/ebooks, go to the “Travel” category, select your travel guide, and then tap the “Read For Free” (with Prime Reading) button (see image above).
5. If you want to read Kindle Magazines, go to the “Current Magazines” category and tap “See More” to browse and choose your magazine. Tap, for instance, Dr. Oz The Good Life, and then tap the “Read For Free” button to download the magazine (see image above).
Tip: Always go to your Books or Newsstand’s library to start reading your downloaded Kindle books and magazines on your device.
Please note that every month Amazon chooses a selection of Kindle books and magazine issues for you to enjoy as part of your Prime membership.
- For US Prime member, click here to start reading Kindle books, magazines, and more for free with Prime Reading.
- Not a Prime member yet? Click here to start your 30-day Prime free trial.
- Don’t you have a Kindle Fire? Click here to order Kindle Fire HD 6 tablet with up to 30% off (limited time offer).