There is nothing cozier and tastier than catching up, watching Netflix or Prime Instant Video or even Hulu, and enjoying some homemade snacks together with my close friends on Thursday evenings.
Tonight is my turn to host our monthly Ladies Night. Great! Not only, I haven’t seen some of them for almost two months due to vacations and busy schedules. But I have also been so excited to show off my new recipe, Manzanilla Olive Tapenade with fresh parsley.
As you could probably image that I am currently too excited to chit-chat. So, I’ll just go ahead and start with this step by step recipe on How to make Manzanilla Olive Tapenade with fresh parsley.
What you need:
- 1 cup Spanish Manzanilla Olives with Minced Pimento
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (extra virgin) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic (+ 1 extra clove of garlic for the kick!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
I usually use some Kalamata Olives to make tapenade but I really like the size, color and taste of these Spanish Manzanilla Olives with Minced Pimento.
Besides, I wanted this tapenade’s flavor to be bolder and stronger. So, I added 1 extra clove of garlic and used some fresh lime juice (instead of lemon juice) for the maximum kick.
Seriously, I wasn’t kidding about using some fresh parsley. They’re just plucked from my own one-pot
indoor balcony herb garden. Read also my blog on How to repot supermarket herbs into one-pot indoor herb garden. Fresh is fresh indeed.
What you need to do:
- Wash the parsley thoroughly and chop them finely.
- Peel the garlics, add 1 extra clove of garlic for the kick, and chop them together finely.
- Squeeze the lemon to get 2 tablespoons lime juice out of it.
- Place the garlics into your blender or food processor and pulse them to mince.
- Add the olives, parsley, capers, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Blend until everything is finely chopped.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Doesn’t it sound yummy? It does. Serve the tapenade while fresh with bruschetta and I am sure that the Ladies Night will be cozy, tasty and unforgettable.
Are you hosting your own Ladies Night this thursday’s evening? Are you serving some tapenade as well? Let me know all about it in the comment section below. For now, Bon appétit! Buon appetito! ¡Buen provecho!