This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
My last summer’s JavaRailing in Indonesia has got me absolutely hooked on traveling by train. What a summer. What an experience. What an adventure. For this summer vacation, I have decided to interrail and to experience some adventures in my European neighboring countries with the InterRail Global Pass.
I have been working on my InterRailing packing list for a few days. Everything on this packing list must be lightweight, secure, compact, versatile and multipurpose. I have packed 20 most essentials for the InterRailing. The first five essentials are the most important of all. It is vital to scan, email to yourself or save them to your cloud services like DropBox and Evernote:
- Official travel documents: Passport, drive license and travel insurance card
- Tickets and reservations: Euro/InterRail Global Pass, train and hotel reservations
- Money: Cash, debit and credit cards
- First Aid kit and prescription medicine
- Travel cards: ISIC card, YHA membership card and health insurance card
6. eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible: With its total weight of only 3 lbs, 15 oz = 1,78 kg, this eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender is one of the lightweight bags out there. Yet, it is essentially durable, versatile and expandable. Click to order your eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible from eBags, Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
7. TSA Approved Combination Travel Locks are essential to lock your doubled zipper eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender and to keep your stuff inside safe from wandering hands. Use this padlock to add extra security to your hostel or hotel’s locker as well. Click to order your TSA Approved Combination Travel Locks from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE .
8. Lightweight outdoor clothing are generally made of an easy-packing, quick-drying and wrinckle-free fabric. Choose your own theme color to easily combine your clothes with other garments (Khaki works very well for adventure traveling). Click to order your lightweight outdoor clothing from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
9. Eagle Creek Undercover Money Belt DLX keeps official travel documents, cash, debit and credit cards out of sight and safe. It is made of lightweight, durable and breathable fabric. Its khaki color blends in perfectly with your lightweight travel clothes. Click to order your Eagle Creek Undercover Money Belt DLX from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
10. Anti-Theft DayPack: This is an undisputed classic daypack with built-in anti-theft technology. The only daypack you need to carry your daily essentials. Explore some local markets, museums and other sites safely and securely with this daypack. Click to order your Pacsafe Metrosafe LS200 Anti-Theft Shoulder Bag from eBags, Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
11. New Balance Women’s 711 Mesh Cross-Training Shoe: Walk the Euro/InterRailing’s walk. Explore the wonderful cities and sites in Europe by walking. Sometimes you’ll need to run and catch the trains. This shoe is essential for walking and running. Click to order your New Balance Women’s 711 Mesh Cross-Training Shoe from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
12. LifeStraw Go Water Bottle comes with with Integrated 1000-Liter LifeStraw Filter and keeps you hydrated 24/7! Pour some tap water or water from other water’s sources into this water bottle. The water bottle purifies the water and turns it into safe, clean and ready-to-drink water. Click to order the LifeStraw Go Water Bottle from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
13. Healthy snacks: Always take your own food with you on (long) journeys, especially when you are on a special diet. Nuts, seeds and dried fruit like cashew, almond and hazelnuts are ideal healthy snacks because they are rich in protein. Take also some raisins and dates with you to sweeten your Euro/InterRailing’s adventure up. Click to order your healthy snacks from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
14. Victorinox Swiss Army Explorer: Need to peel some fruits? Open a bottle? Or cut some loose threads on your clothing? Or you just name it. This pocket-sized Victorinox Explorer is a versatile multitool and is essential for your Euro/InterRailing’s adventures. Click to order your Victorinox Swiss Army Explorer from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
15. Soft & Cosy Neck Pillow: Catching a night train? Or do you just need to catch some sleep? Sleep whenever you have a chance to. This soft, cosy and washable neck pillow provides the ultimate support for your head whilst Euro/InterRailing. Click to order your Soft & Cosy Neck Pillow from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
16. Antibacterial Wet Wipes and mouthwash: It can take some while before you get to your destination. Some wetties and mouthwash neutralize your unwanted body odor and bad breath, at least until you get into your hotel, take a shower and brush your teeth properly. Click to order your Antibacterial Wet Wipes from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
17. Compact electronics: Keep in touch with friends and family at home with iPhone 6 or other smartphone, blog (and brag) about your Euro/InterRailing using your iPad Mini and create some wonderful memories using Nikon COOLPIX S6300 16 MP Digital Camera. Keep your large, heavy and bulky electronics at home. Click to order Apple iPad Mini from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
18. Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring (Travel Guide, 2013): Get introduced to all of European countries with this Lonely Planet’s Travel Guide. It is an essential read for anyone who wants to travel through Europe on a budget. Click to order your Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring (Travel Guide, 2013) from Amazon US, Amazon UK (Paperback) or Amazon DE.
19. SKROSS World Travel Adapter: Expect the unexpected when it comes to electricity around the world. This compact world travel adapter is a powerful next generation universal adaptor to connect international unearthed 2-pol devices with dual USB charging functionality. Click to order your SKROSS World Travel Adapter from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
20. Moleskine City Notebook and pen: Love to write your Euro/InterRailing’s journal? Going paperless is great, practical and eco friendly. However, if/when everything electronics fall, go ahead and use the good old paper and pen. Click to order your Moleskine City Notebook from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
Please note that whatever you pack, keep everything lightweight, secure, compact, versatile and multipurpose. Have wonderful and unforgettable Euro/InterRailing’s adventures!
- Want to buy those most essentials from outside the US/UK/DE? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx.
- Click here to register to your US/UK/DE shipping addresses with Borderlinx.