This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
One of the Amazon Prime benefits is the fact that you can borrow eligible Kindle ebook from Kindle Owners’ Lending Library for free each calendar month. The Kindle Owners’ Lending Library features more than 350,000 titles, including over 100 current and former New York Times best sellers and all of 7 Harry Potter ebooks.
What you need to know before borrowing:
- The Kindle Owners’ Lending Library is available to Amazon Prime members: paid Amazon Prime, paid Amazon Student and 30-day free trial included.
- eBooks that are borrowed from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library can be read only on Kindle devices: Kindle E Ink devices and Kindle Fire devices.
- eBooks that are borrowed from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library have no due date and can be delivered to other Kindle devices registered to your Amazon account.
How to borrow ebooks from Kindle Owners’ Lending Library:
First of, I would like to mention that for this tutorial, I am currently using Kindle Paperwhite, 6″ High Resolution Display with Next-Gen Built-in Light, Wi-Fi and the 3rd book of the Harry Potter Kindle ebooks: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban:
1.a. On your Kindle device, open the Amazon.com Kindle Store and access the Kindle Owner’s Lending Library (see image above) to select an ebook that you want to borrow, or …
1.b. On your Kindle device, open the Amazon.com Kindle Store and type the keywords “Harry Potter” in the search bar (see image above).
2. On the search results, select which Harry Potter Kindle ebook that you want to borrow. Note that eligible titles display the Prime badge (see image above).
3. On the book details, click on the Borrow for Free button to borrow the ebook, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (book 3), (see image above).
4. Now, you can either click on the Close button to keep the ebook you have (the ebook that you might have borrowed previously) and discontinue the borrowing process, or click on the Return book button to return it and borrow the (next) ebook, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (book 3), (see image above).
5. Your borrowed ebook will be downloaded within seconds and will automatically appear in your Home screen when the download is completed. At this point, you can also read your Kindle Owners’ Lending Library status and the starting date of your next borrow. Click on the Close button and head to your Home screen (see image above).
6. Once the download is completed, your ebook, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (book 3) appears On Device, along with other ebooks that you have on your Kindle device (see image above). And now, you can start reading. Enjoy!
- Don’t have a Kindle? Get your Kindle Paperwhite here (Amazon US & International) and click here for Kindle Paperwhite (Amazon UK).
- Want to buy one from outside the US/UK? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx and click here to register to your US & UK shipping addresses with Borderlinx.
- Click here to start and enjoy your 30-Day Free Trial of Amazon Prime today.