This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
It has been widely known that clove oil provides a soothing effect on our body and mind. Earlier, I mentioned also about how to dilute clove oil with olive oil and use it to temporarily relieve a toothache. Thankfully, the (diluted) clove oil is so versatile and can also be used for relieving headaches.
As a reminder, please do a skin test to find out whether or not you are allergic to cloves, sea salt and/or coconut oil mentioned below before diluting and using it as a headache reliever.
Without no further ado, the following is a short tutorial on how to dilute clove oil with sea salt and coconut oil for relieving headaches:
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt suchh as Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt.
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil such as Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
- 2 – 3 drops of the clove oil such as Plant Therapy Clove Bud Organic Essential Oil.
- A small jar
What you need to do:
- Pour the sea salt, the coconut oil, and the clove oil into the small jar.
- Use the teaspoon to mix and dilute it properly, and the diluted clove oil is ready to use.
- Apply the diluted oil on your index and middle finger, and use them to massage your forehead gently.
- Apply some more of the diluted clove oil if necessary.
- Be patient and wait a few minutes until the diluted clove oil works its magic.
Instead of coconut oil, you can also use the same amount of almond oil to dilute with the clove oil and sea salt. The diluted clove oil gives instant cooling and provides natural relief from headaches.