This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
My newly Kindle Paperwhite, 6″ High Resolution Display with Built-in Light arrived last week. I have been testing and getting used to it ever since before reviewing. It has been quite interesting because I used to read ebooks using the Kindle app on the iPhone and iPad. It is my very first Kindle ever and I would like to share my experience so far with the Kindle Paperwhite (links and images are clickable):
How to get started with Kindle after unboxing:
1. Turning power on/off: To turn the power on/off, press the Power button on the bottom of the Kindle Paperwhite.
2. Choosing language: Select your preferred language and then select OK to confirm your language’s selection. Your Kindle Paperwhite will take a few seconds to set up and tap Get Started when the setting up is complete.
3. Connecting to Wifi: Tap Connect to Wifi, select the Wifi network that you want to join, enter the Wifi network password and tap Connect.
4. Registering your Kindle Paperwhite: If your Kindle Paperwhite is already registered, you’ll see an option to confirm your Amazon account. Otherwise, select Use an existing Amazon account or create a new account and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Connecting Facebook and Twitter: Once you are registered, you can choose to connect your Kindle Paperwhite to Facebook and Twitter to share your favorite ebooks passages. Choose Facebook and Twitter and sign-in to connect your Kindle Paperwhite, or tap Connect Later.
How to get used to Kindle:
Kindle Paperwhite is the newest Kindle but it is not a complicated one. So, take it from me that you’ll get used to it before you know it.
In this case, just follow the on-screen instructions: DO NOT turn your Kindle Paperwhite off during the update process. It will automatically restart as soon as the update is complete.
Indeed, my Kindle Paperwhite started up automatically. After a few seconds, it’s up and running again as it should be. Yay!
- Read my blog post about The must-know tips and tricks for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite newbies.
- Don’t have a Kindle? Get your Kindle Paperwhite here (US & International) and click here for Kindle Paperwhite (Amazon UK).
- Want to buy one from outside the US/UK? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx and click here to sign up for your US & UK shipping addresses.