This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
The Kindle Paperwhite, along with the Kindle Fire, has been one of the most wished and gifted item on Amazon.com since its launch last year. If you, like me, own a Kindle Paperwhite, then you know exactly the main reasons why.
You know full well too that things can only get better when you share them with your loved ones. It also applies to sharing the Kindle Paperwhite‘s most pleasurable reading experiences with them. Fortunately, you can purchase one as a gift for someone whom you want to share the pleasure of reading Kindle ebooks on the Kindle Paperwhite.
How to order and give Kindle Paperwhite as a gift?
1. Place a Kindle Paperwhite in your Shopping Cart and check the box next to This will be a gift to order and give the Kindle Paperwhite as a gift. Marking your Kindle Paperwhite purchase as a gift (see image below) makes sure that Amazon will:
- Deliver the Kindle Paperwhite unregistered. The recipient can register the Kindle Paperwhite to their own Amazon account when it arrives.
- Ship the Kindle Paperwhite in an unmarked Amazon box that doesn’t indicate its contents and keep the Kindle Paperwhite a surprise.
- Remove prices on the packing slip that’s included with your order.
2. Check the box next to Kindle US Power Adapter, Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Kindle Zip Sleeve, Kindle Screen Protector or 2-Year Warranty and Accident Protection (US only) if you’ld like to include some accessories to your Kindle Paperwhite purchase.
3. Select the shipping address. At this point you have had 3 options (see image below):
- Select your US suite address and ship/give the Kindle Paperwhite as a gift to the recipient yourself. It is ideal and necessary if both you and the recipient live outside the US (read my blog post about How to buy US only and UK only products from Amazon using Borderlinx).
- Select your own US address: let the Kindle delivered to your address and ship the Kindle Paperwhite as a gift to the recipient yourself. It is ideal if you (the sender) live in the US and the recipient lives overseas.
- Or enter a new shipping address (see arrow on image below): the US address of the recipient. It is ideal if the recipient actually lives in the US. Make sure that you enter the address correctly because otherwise, the Kindle Paperwhite package may be returned as undeliverable and you’ld have to place a new order.
Note: select the shipping address by clicking on the Ship to this address button. Or if you’ve just entered a new shipping address, click on the Ship to this address button (far below) to continue.
4. Select the gift options: Check the box next to Hide prices on the packing slip for this purchase (see image below arrow 1), Another account (Send this Kindle unregistered) (see image below arrow 2), or Include a free personalized gift message (see image below arrow 3):
Note: you can also check the box next to Gift-wrap this item (Amazon Gift Warp costs $4.99) if you want the Kindle Paperwhite package be all wrapped up as a gift. Click on the Continue button to continue.
5. Review your Kindle Paperwhite order thoroughly. At this point you have the opportunity to:
- Review whether the shipping address (of the recipient) is absolutely correct
- Apply gift cards & promotional codes if you’ve them
- Choose the shipping speed
- Review the billing address
- Review your payment information
6. Check your order summary and when you’re sure that’s everything correct, click on the Place your order button (see image below) to place your Kindle Paperwhite order.
Congratulations! you’ve just ordered the Kindle Paperwhite as a gift and expect a confirmation email from Amazon within a few seconds.
- Don’t you own a Kindle Paperwhite yourself? Click here to order Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon US. Click here to order Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon UK.
- Read my blog post about How to buy US only and UK only products from Amazon using Borderlinx