This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
Please click on What you need to know about Amazon’s Interactive Kindle Magazines if you are a newbie to and you want to learn more about the Interactive Kindle Magazines.
Read on if you are already familiar with and you want to know how to subscribe to Interactive Kindle Magazines on your Kindle Fire.
What you need to know about subscribing to Interactive Kindle Magazines
- Available on these Kindle Fire Tablets: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″, Kindle Fire HDX 7″, Fire Phone, 32GB, Kindle Fire HD 7″ 2nd Generation, Kindle Fire HD (1st Generation) and Kindle Fire (2nd and 1st Generation).
- This subscription comes with a risk-free 30-day FREE period after which the subscription starts.
- Amazon will share your name and address with the publisher with your permission.
- Your subscription will automatically renew until you decide to cancel at any time. Amazon’ll renew on your behalf at the lowest price available on Amazon at the time of renewal.
Before I get started with the tutorial, let me remind you that I am using Kindle Fire HD 7″ 2nd Generation and subscribing to Entertainment Weekly Magazine, which’s currently highly discounted along with some other Interactive Kindle Magazines (see bonus tips below).
How to subscribe to Interactive Kindle Magazines
1. From Home, tap Newsstand and then tap Store. Please note that you need an internet connection to go to Store.
2. Select “Interactive Kindle Magazines” from the Newsstand menu (see image above) and select “Entertainment Weekly Magazine” (see image below).
Please note that you can also type “Entertainment Weekly Magazine” or any other magazine on the search section (see Search icon).
3. Tap on the Subscribe now button to subscribe to the “Entertainment Weekly Magazine”(see image above).
Please note the followings:
- Your first 30 days is absolutely free. It means that you can cancel your (free) subscription at any time during these 30 days and you won’t be charged.
- Many of (print) magazine’s subscriptions include digital subscription for free. Entertainment Weekly Magazine is one example of those magazines.
4. If you are already a subscriber (see image above), verify your subscription to get the Kindle edition for free.
4. Tap on the Verify button to verify your subscription, otherwise tap on the Cancel button (see image above).
Please note that there are 3 options of verifying your subscription:
- Option 1: Account number: You need to fill out your subscription account number and zip/postal code.
- option 2: Mailing address: You need to fill out your name and mailing address.
- option 3: Your (digital) login: You need to fill out your (digital) account and password.
5. You’ll be prompted the above notification. Tap the Allow button to share your name and address with the publisher, otherwise tap the Don’t Allow button (see image above).
At this point, you can continue shopping or tap the Home button and then tap the magazine to start reading. Please note that you can view and manage your subscriptions both on your Kindle Fire (Settings – My Account – Subscriptions) and online (Manage Your Content and Devices – Manage Your Subscriptions)
anytime you want.
Keep also in mind that Interactive Kindle Magazines also consist (lots) of videos, audio, slide shows and interactive images, so each of the title may take longer to download. When your Kindle Magazines are fully downloaded onto your Kindle Fire, you can read them even when you are not connected to the internet.
- As of November 27, 2014, there are 62 Interactive Kindle Magazines for Kindle Fire available on the Newsstand. Some of them are currently highly discounted. Click here to start your first 30 days for free and enjoy those discounted magazines.
- Don’t have a Kindle Fire? Get your Kindle Fire HD 7″ 2nd Generation or Kindle Fire HDX 7″.
- Want to buy one from outside the US/UK? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx and click here to register to your US & UK shipping addresses with Borderlinx.