This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
There is no doubt that you love reading Kindle ebooks o so very much, especially on your own “me time”. However, there are tons of daily chores and activities, such as cooking, gardening, ironing, cleaning, driving, jogging, reading emails and so on that keep you away from reading your ebooks.
Fortunately, you don’t have to put your Kindle down and stop reading. Instead, switch between reading your Kindle ebook and listening to Audible audiobook with Whispersync for Voice.
What is Whispersync for Voice?
Whispersync for Voice is a technology that allows you to switch back and forth between reading a Kindle ebook and listening to Audible audiobook. Whispersync for Voice also enables you to keep your notes and bookmarks across devices.
What do you need to get started?
- A Kindle E Ink reader, Kindle Tablet or Free Reading Apps to read your Kindle ebooks.
- The free Audible app: Audible for iPhone and iPod (available on the iTunes Store), Audible for Android or Audible on Kindle Fire to listen to your Audible audiobooks. Download, install the free app on your smartphone and sign in using your Amazon account.
- Don’t you have an Audible account? Click here to try Audible free for 30 days using your Amazon account. Follow and complete the sign up. Remember, you need the same Amazon account to purchase both Kindle ebooks (point 1) and Audible audiobooks (point 2) in order to get the Wispersync for Voice to work.
What are the benefits of Audible member?
- Credits equals audiobooks: Receive credits that save you up to 70% off audiobooks.
- Never pay full price: Save 30% off regular price whenever you buy books without credits.
- VIPs (Very Important Perks): Get members-only sales, events and other promotions.
- Free audio newspaper: Get a daily subscription to The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times absolutely for free.
- Listen anytime and anywhere: Listen on your smartphone using the free Audible app or on your Kindle Fire.
- Exchange any audiobook: Not happy with your audiobook’s purchase? Just return it for free and no question asked.
How does Whispersync for Voice work?
1. Go ahead and click on Whispersync for Voice-Ready: Choose one of Whispersync for Voice-ready Kindle ebooks that you can seamlessly switch between reading and listening.
2. Let’s say that you want to puchase a Kindle ebook called The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest. Click on Buy with 1-Click button as you normally do when you are puschasing an Kindle ebook (see arrow 1 on image below):
3. Go back to The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest page and click on the professional narration of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest: Book 3 of the Millennium Trilogy (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard) for a reduced price of $3.95 after you buy this Kindle ebook (see arrow 2 on image below):
4. You are now about to purchase the Audible audiobook of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest. Price of $23.95 is its regular price. As you just bought this Kindle ebook, get the Audible audiobook for the reduced price of $3.95 by clicking on Buy at Audible.com button (see arrow 3 on image below). Otherwise, get it with your monthly Audible credit of $14.95 by clicking on Buy with new membership at Audible.com button (see arrow 4 on image below):
5. After clicking one of the two options (point 4), follow the next steps of purchasing as you see onscreen. Complete the purchase and you’ll be linked to the page where you can download the Audible audiobook, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest that you just puchased. Expect a thank you email from Audible within a few seconds.
6. To listen to The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest on your smartphone (see point 2 of What do you need to get started?), download it and start listening. At this point you can switch back and forth between reading the ebook on your Kindle and listening to the audiobook on your smartphone using this free Audible app.