This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
Every woman (and girl) should allow herself to have and enjoy her own guilty pleasures,
especially even when it comes to make up and beauty. One of mine is Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick Dark Pink Frost.
Its color is amazing and suits my skin tone very well. Besides mascara and eyebrow pencil, it is my must-wear makeup that I actually wear daily. It is frosty, moisturizing and embarrasingly affordable.
I usually order two at once from Wet n Wild Amazon DE. So, imagine my disappointment when I received them broken en melted. I somehow managed to accidently drop one of them until it completely broken and shattered.
What to do now?
Toss them away?
Instead, I proudly turned them into my own DIY moisturizing lip balm. Are you experiencing the same disappointment? Then read on the following tutorial about how to turn broken and melted lipsticks into moisturizing lip balm:
What you need:
- Your broken and melted lipsticks
- A small lip balm pot with lid or similar to Cosmetic Containers with lids.
- A bamboo skewer (or satay stick)
- A microwave
- A refrigerator
Please note that you can also turn broken and melted lipsticks from two or more different brands and colors, which will give you a brand new shade of lip balm invented by you!
What you need to do:
- Gather everything that you need: your broken and melted lipsticks, lip balm pot and bamboo skewer.
- Clean up the lip balm pot and its matching lid so, it is ready to store your lip balm.
- Put your broken and melted lipsticks into the lip balm pot.
- Use the bamboo skewer to get out all of your broken and melted lipsticks.
- Once you have got them into the lip balm pot, microwave it for max. 45 seconds.
- Put the lip balm pot into the refrigerator until it turns into a solid lip balm.
You are finished and your lip balm is now ready to be used. Now you can see how quick and easy it is to turn your broken and melted lipsticks into your own moisturizing lip balm.
Optionally you can also add a few drops of coconut oil into the lip balm pot before you microwave it. The coconut oil enhances the moisturizing effect of your lip balm and smoothens your lips.