This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
How often have you packed more than you actually needed? And how often have you then ended up carrying around your stuff when you’re supposed to have an amazing time during your trip? Yes, I know the feelings, ladies 🙂
Of course you need more than two undies and a toothbrush when you are packing for your trips. There are also some gears that you absolutely need to pack, especially when you are planning a business trip.
Just keep in mind: pack the essential gears that you really need first and then keep the motto “less is more” because you can always buy some unessential stuff at your destination. These are the 7 most essential gears you must pack for your travel:
1. eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible: This bag can be converted into anything in term of carrying options. It has an expandable zipper, in- and outside pockets and plenty of room for up to 15″ laptop. This bag is also essential because you can actually use it as checked or carry-on bag. Click to order your eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible from eBags, Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
2. Pacsafe Metrosafe LS200 Anti-Theft Shoulder Bag: As convertible as your main bag might be, I am sure that you prefer to carry a daypack when you go sightseeing, visiting museums, exploring local markets and other activities. This daypack, Pacsafe Metrosafe LS200 Anti-Theft Shoulder Bag, has been my very best friend since I bought it for my last vacation to Indonesia. This daypack is very comfortable and compact, and most of all, it gives you some extra securities that you need when you are away on a trip and for everyday use. Click to order your Pacsafe Metrosafe LS200 Anti-Theft Shoulder Bag from eBags, Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
3. Kipling Multiple Waist Bag: There are also some stuff that you really need to keep out of sight, such as passport, some money, eTicket etc. This little waist bag does just that because you can hide it under your clothes. Need a small purse for dining out? Convert it and it is your purse. I love everything about this bag: the look, the size, the material and extras. It’s just my perfect waist bag. Click to order your Kipling Multiple Waist Bag from eBags, Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
4. LifeStraw Go Water Bottle: Have you ever wondered whether it is safe to drink the tap water from hotel, river water or water from other sources? With this LifeStraw Go Water Bottle you don’t have to wonder anymore. Just open it, pour some water in it and drink it. Why, you ask? Because this water bottle purifies and filters the water before you drink it. It also removes bacteria, chemicals and compounds so it is safe without boiling the water first. Click to order the LifeStraw Go Water Bottle from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
5. Apple iPad Mini: Actually I was torn between two choices: MacBook Air or iPad Mini. I have chosen to pack iPad Mini because it’s obviously smaller, has longer battery life, and has apps that I really need on my business trip. If you are a blogger and use WordPress app a lot, then it is your ideal gear for your trips. Click to order Apple iPad Mini from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
6. Nikon COOLPIX S6300 16 MP Digital Camera: Every time I am talking/writing about cameras, the name Nokia always comes up into my mind. I purched this Nikon COOLPIX S6300 because of its compact size and of course, its undoubtedly qualities. It is lightweight and easy to use. If you want to take some great photos and amazing videos without getting complicated, this is your camera to pack. Click to order the Nikon COOLPIX S6300 16 MP Digital Camera from Amazon US, Amazon UK (Newer version) or Amazom DE (Newer version).
7. Apple iPhone 6: Let’s be honest, even you are on a trip all over the world, you still want to easily keep in touch with beloved ones at home. A smartphone provides almost any kind of communications from calling, text, whatsapp, skype to friendcaller. I have no other reason but my own personal taste for choosing the iPhone 6. In some cases I prefer the iPhone rather than a camera because it’s just easier to take some photo’s and video’s, edit them with apps and share away. Click to order the iPhone 6 from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
- Want to buy one from outside the US/UK/DE? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx.
- Click here to register to your US & UK shipping addresses with Borderlinx.