Like other devices, your Kindle Voyage can contain any type of bugs. That’s why it is vital to update your Kindle Voyage as soon as the latest updates become available.
Software updates (usually) include security, speed, stability, performance improvements, new features and various bug fixes.
The latest Kindle Voyage software updates is Kindle 126.96.36.199.5 (as of March 3, 2015) and includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
If you are a newbie to Kindle Voyage and you want to know how to determine the current software version, and how to download and install it on your Kindle Voyage, please read on.
How to determine the current software version
You can determine the current software version on your Kindle Voyage by following these steps:
- Make sure that your Kindle Voyage is connected to a wireless network.
- Tap the Menu button and then tap the Settings on your Kindle Voyage.
- Tap the Menu button and then tap the Device Info. The latest Firmware Version is Kindle 188.8.131.52.5. So, if it shows a previous version, for instance Kindle 184.108.40.206.1 (see image above) or older then you’ll have to update your Kindle Voyage.
How to automatically download and install the software update
You can automatically download and install the (latest) software update on your Kindle Voyage by following these steps:
- Tap Update Your Kindle on your Settings. You’ll be prompted with the following notification: “You are about to update the software on your Kindle. Do you wish to continue?”
- Tap OK to update the software updates, otherwise tap Cancel to cancel the update process (see image below).
Your Kindle Voyage will be promptly updated and it will take a few minute as it’s shown on your Kindle Voyage:
Your Kindle software is updating. This can take a few minute. DO NOT turn your Kindle off during the update process. Your Kindle will automatically restart as soon as the update is complete.
How to check the update on your Kindle Voyage
Once the update is completed, you can check whether your Kindle Voyage is successfully updated – or not. To check the update on your Kindle Voyage, please follow these steps:
- Tap the Menu button and then tap Settings. You’ll notice that the Update Your Kindle is greyed out – because your Kindle Voyage has just been updated.
- Tap the Menu button and then tap Device Info. The Firmware Version should be Kindle 220.127.116.11.5 – the latest and current version (see image below).
When the Firmware Version shows the current version, you’ll know now for sure that your Kindle Voyage is successfully updated to the latest software updates.
- Don’t have Kindle Voyage? Get yours from Amazon US, Amazon UK or Amazon DE.
- Want to buy one from outside the US/UK? Click here to learn more about Borderlinx and click here to register to your US & UK shipping addresses with Borderlinx.
Do you have any question or comment about installing software updates on your Kindle Voyage? Please, leave your question/comment in the comment section below. Thank you.