This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
If you love natural and organic body scrubs as much as I do, then the banana and brown sugar body scrub is really for you. This body scrub is one of my favorites and for a very good reason. Its vitamins and minerals help a lot in keeping your skin tight and glowing.
Before I go ahead and show you how easy it is to make the banana and brown sugar body scrub at home, let me sum up the main benefits of both banana and brown sugar for your skin.
Brown sugar has a natural texture that is more abrasive than wet sand and is able to remove dead skin cells from your body. That is why brown sugar can be used as a skin treatment that will protect your skin from aging effects.
Banana is full of anti-oxidants and when it is mixed with brown sugar, it helps to get rid of your dead skin and leaves it feeling rejuvenated.
Now, let’s go ahead and start with these quick and easy steps on how to make an organic banana and brown sugar body scrub:
What you need:
- 80 gram of organic brown sugar such as Wholesome Organic Light Brown Sugar.
- 1 organic banana such as Produce Aisle’s Organic Banana.
- A wooden spatula or turner such as OXO Wooden Turner.
- A bowl or jar such as Kerr Mason Jars with Lids.
What you need to do:
- Peel the banana and cut it into small pieces.
- Add the brown sugar and the banana pieces into the jar.
- Mush them until smooth using the spatula.
- Apply the body scrub on your body as you usually do.
Please note that I prefer to use a (medium-sized) jar instead of a bowl because it is easier to just put a lid on it, and place the organic banana and brown sugar body scrub in the fridge.
Now you know how quick and easy it is to make an organic banana and brown sugar body scrub at home. Leave those chemical body scrubs where they belong — at the stores, and scrub your body away with this natural, organic banana and brown sugar body scrub.