This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read the full disclosure here.
I was ABSOLUTELY ecstatic when I came across this avocado-lime ice cream’s recipe. Not only does this recipe call for my all time favorite superfoods – avocados and limes, but it also does not require an ice cream maker.
I was, however not so ecstatic about some sweetened condensed (cow) milk and reduced-fat milk that were also required for this recipe to work. Some reduced-fat (cow) milk could easily be replaced with some fresh homemade soymilk, so I thought. But, what could I replace some sweetened condensed (cow) milk with?
Fortunately, I found this great recipe for making some sweetened condensed coconut milk to replace the sweetened condensed (cow) milk with.
Would it actually work?
Could it actually work?
The answers to those questions are YES, YES and YES. So, without further ado, let’s get started with this simple tutorial on how to make vegan avocado-lime ice cream without an ice cream maker.
What you need:
- 2 organic avocados.
- 3 organic limes.
- 3/4cup = 180ml of sweetened condensed coconut milk or homemade.
- 3/4cup = 180ml of unsweetened organic soymilk or homemade.
- A blender, similar to Vitamix Explorian Blender, or
- A food processor, similar to Cuisinart Food Processor.
What you need to do:
1. Pour the sweetened condensed coconut milk and the soy milk into the blender.
2. Pit, peel the avocados and add them into the blender.
3. Zest two of the three limes into the blender.
4. Juice all of the three limes into the blender.
5. Blend until smooth (about one to two minutes).
6. Spread the blend into a medium-sized glass ovenware evenly.
7. Freeze it for 5 – 6 hours.
Have you ever tried this recipe or a similar one before? Please share it with us in the comment section below. Thank you. Have a warm, wonderful summer and keep it cool with this vegan avocado-lime ice cream’s recipe.